The Customer Solutions Director will work closely with the leadership team in developing strategy, with particular emphasis on meeting service standards, engaging employees, and enhancing the Customer and Agency Experience. The Director will develop recommendations on business practices, technologies and strategic priorities, and subsequently oversee the implementation of relevant process changes to ensure the achievement of departmental and company goals/objectives.
The Director must have a unique set of characteristics to not only manage the day to day operations of our New Jersey based Customer Care teams, but also to create and define the vision and culture. The Director must be energetic, innovative, analytical, collaborative, and flexible. This position is a key part of our succession plan and building the next generation of senior leadership within the company. This position will be located in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
* Manages operations and processes associated with service activities, underwriting, and policy processing. Creates and leads a culture of service and underwriting excellence. Fosters an enthusiastic environment that is team-oriented, customer focused, and quality driven.
* Creates strategic and tactical policy, workflow and performance standards that will minimize expenses while delivering on service level agreements.
* Maintains business ownership of customer care, underwriting, policy processing, and billing systems. Acts as \"voice of the agent and customer\" in designing and implementing technology initiatives to promote ease of use, profitability and retention, and improve efficiency, including plans for increased agent and customer self-service. Works closely with cross company service/sales centers and work with Information Technology to prioritize resources.
* Develops and sustains effective and mutually beneficial relationships between agents, marketing reps and customers. Works in conjunction with Prudential and Independent Agent channel marketing teams.
* Manages the quality, risk and profit of underwriting functions to achieve revenue, loss ratio, and expense targets, including all rate pursuit activities and agency audits.
* Works in conjunction with the Product team and peers in Massachusetts to develop and maintain metrics measuring customer and agency satisfaction and productivity trends. The Director should be able to not only understand the metrics but develop new insights from the metrics driving further service improvements.
* Provides strong leadership and acts as coach and role model to develop team members' management skills. Identifies training needs and assesses quality and performance standards for the staff.
* Facilitates communication between Marketing, Product, the Sales Center and Customer Care and acts as liaison between the Field Marketing Reps, Product Managers, Division heads and the Customer Care Teams.
* Communicates and works collaboratively on identified agency production, training or quality issues with Marketing Reps and Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Superior strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong leadership skills. Must have the ability to motivate others and a positive \"can do\" attitude.
* A Customer Service mentality combined with strong problem resolution skills.
* Ability to effectively evaluate complex information and make appropriate decisions.
* Qualifications and aptitude to move into other senior management roles within the organization.
* Values compatible with those outlined in Plymouth Rock's culture statement, and able to work in a collegial manger with a good sense of humor.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree; plus a minimum of 5 years director or supervisor level experience in the industry; ideally in personal lines.