A labor and delivery nurse plays an essential role in the birthing process. Labor & delivery nurses are registered nurses who are specially trained to provide nursing care for women who are about to give birth to a baby and who are in labor. They monitor the fetal heart rate, the patients blood pressure; they time contractions and examine the mother-to-be to see how close she is to delivering the baby. Labor & delivery nurses also identify any complications. Before labor, they educate a woman and her family on the stages of giving birth, and what to expect. During labor, they may coach a woman to do breathing exercises and when to push. They assist physicians in administering pain medications or performing epidurals, episiotomies and C-section deliveries. They start IVs to administer medications for pain, or other drugs to assist in the labor process. Labor & delivery nurses also care for the mother and baby after the baby is born. They educate the mother and family regarding personal care, breastfeeding and care of the baby immediately after birth and throughout the hospital stay.Duties and Responsibilities:Accountability
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
No Time Off Permitted 11/20-11/26 or 12/15-1/6Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: ambulatory, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery