Our Exciting Work Environment
The Delaware North Sportservice operation at Nationwide Arena home to the NHL s Columbus Blue Jackets -- includes six private party towers, clubs, suites, concessions and premium dining areas.
But it s not just the fans who benefit from the arena s food experience; Delaware North s executive chef-led culinary team at Nationwide Arena offers a lesson in healthy cooking to Blue Jackets prospects during summer developmental camp.
In addition, Delaware North operates retail services for the team at Nationwide Arena, including the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line team store.
Our Diner-themed concession stands offer traditional arena fare such as hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, assorted Pepsi products and a wide variety of beers featuring Ohio Local Breweries such as Land Grant and BrewDog .
Our Grille-themed concession stands add a few twists to the traditional fare with a variety of hot sandwiches at the Chef's Corner and the always popular Bacon-On-A-Stick.
Why work for us?
- You will be a part of the Nationwide Arena game day experience
- Work with your friends Special Refer-A-Friend Bonus program
- Meals provided
- Discounted parking or a quick bus ride from anywhere in the city, including a direct route from OSU
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Flexibility in scheduling -- Low commitment for part-time work
- Great for 2nd income, students, and retirees
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Performs other duties assigned
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired.
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position or enrolled/completed a culinary program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: appetizer, cafeteria, cocinero, cocinero de la parrilla, complimentary, grill, kitchen, restaurant assistant cook, restaurant cook, roasting